How to become an EPA certified A/C & Refrigeration Technician

The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has required that all persons handling refrigerants should be certified. If you are not certified you can't legally buy refrigerants. Read More
EPA-Approved Section 608 certification is needed to service building air conditioning and refrigeration systems. With 608 certification, you can purchase any refrigerant in containers greater than 20 pounds.
Three types of certification are available. The Section 608 Type I, II and III exam can be purchased through one of our local distributors . The 608 Type I exam is also available as an open book exam. Read More
Test results will be posted online immediately after your exam has been graded. All exams are graded within 2 business days upon receipt of the exam. If you feel that your exam has had adequate time to have been mailed, received and graded, but your results are not yet posted, please contact your proctor to determine how and when your test was mailed. We suggest that you request for your exam to be sent via UPS, FedEx, or with some form of tracking service. Certified technician records will be stored permanently and non-passing technician records will be stored for at least 90 days.
EPA-Approved Section 609 certification is needed to service Motor Vehicle Air Conditioners and to purchase refrigerant. Read More
With 609 certification you can purchase refrigerant in any size container including those that contain less than 20 pounds from an auto supply house for use in cooling the passenger compartment of vehicles, such as the one-pound disposable cans.